Congratulations to our Alternative Pathways students in 2019
The 2019 school year proved to be a success for students undertaking an alternative pathway course. These courses certainly varied in nature, duration and complexity. It’s a great opportunity presented by St Luke’s to allow students to pursue challenges outside of their regular timetable.
I’d like to take this opportunity to personally and publicly thank the current group of students for an improved effort and application to their chosen course.
These courses include:
- Cert II, III and IV in Fitness
- Cert II in Sport and Recreation
- Cert III Business
- School of Distance Ed - IT
- School Based Apprenticeship - Majes Electrical/Scott Burke Electrical
- School Based Traineeship - Hospitality Cert III Alowishus Delicious/Gloria Jeans
- Wide Bay Tafe - Cert II Electrotechnology & Automotive
- Start University Now (SUN) Program - Central Qld University - Aviation/Forensics
- Skills Compliance - Aircraft Line Maintenance/ Drone Licence Course.
In 2020, the Cert III Fitness course will be run by Central Queensland University, Bundaberg to gain a greater practical appreciation of the industry. We’ll be working closer with the university in both the theoretical and practical components of this course. I look forward to this new course commencing in February.
Mr Kane Kersnovske
Director of Academic Welfare & Careers