Middle School Update

Jun 28th 2019

Year 7 Camp to Canberra

Our Year 7 students will soon be undertaking an education tour of the national capital. Students will be given the opportunity to participate in a variety of educational programs with a focus on Australia’s history, culture, heritage and democracy. The Australian Government recognises the importance of all young Australians being able to visit the national capital as part of their Civics and Citizenship education. To assist families in meeting the cost of the excursion the Australian Government is contributing funding of $100 per student under the Parliament and Civics Education Rebate program towards those costs. The rebate is paid directly to the School upon completion of the excursion. The Year 7 Canberra tour will depart on Friday 19 July and return to St Luke’s mid-morning on Friday 26 July. Parents are reminded that if there are any alternative travel arrangements that they should have sent an email to me by now.

I would like to take this opportunity to commend our Middle School students on a successful Semester 1. I have been impressed by the attitude and commitment they have displayed towards their studies and their involvement in the many co-curricular activities available throughout the semester. In particular, I would like to congratulate our Year 7 students on the way that they have settled into middle schooling at St Luke’s Anglican School and the resilience they have shown when faced with so many new and different challenges.

Reports will be available on the first Monday of the holidays. I encourage parents to read through the report with their child/ren to revise Semester 1 goals and to establish new goals for Semester 2. I strongly encourage families to pay particular attention to the teacher comments in reports rather than just focusing on grades.

I trust that our Middle School students will have a relaxing and enjoyable break, and will return next semester both refreshed and focused for another semester of amazing opportunities at St Luke’s.

Ryan Collins

Head of Middle School

St Luke's Anglican School

StLukes2019-Web-239

Share this post: