Years 7 and 9 students will sit their National Tests in Aspects of Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) online, from Tuesday 14 to Friday 17 May 2019. The schedule for the testing period is included below. Parents and students are reminded that headphones will be required for the tests; however, all devices for NAPLAN Online will be provided by the School.
Families are also reminded that students can prepare for the types of questions they will encounter in NAPLAN Online by visiting the following link -
If you require any further information regarding NAPLAN Online, please contact Mr Collins at St Luke’s Anglican School.
Timetable for NAPLAN Testing 2019
Mobile Phone and Device Usage (Middle School)
Two weeks into the changes to the mobile phone and device usage processes at St Luke’s, I have been really impressed by the way that our Middle School students have responded. While the first three weeks of Term 2 is an amnesty period, before the new Policy is fully implemented, students have embraced the changes and using technology responsibly. I would also like to thank parents for the support the School has received on this important matter. Below, is a summary of the changes pertaining to the Middle School:
Mobile phones are to remain out of sight, preferably in school bags, throughout the school day (8.30am to 3.00pm), including breaks, after school tutorials and school events (e.g. Outdoor Education, sporting activities/events), unless permission has been given by a member of staff for a specific reason. Students are not allowed to wear smart watches to School.
Mobile devices (Laptops, Chromebooks, Macbooks etc)
- BYODs will continue to be used for their intended purposes during class time
- Students should not use their mobile device to listen to music, send messages, access the internet, take photos or use other applications during lesson time or while engaged in other school activities
- Out of class use of a device can only occur in a designated area – i.e. the Learning Hub or Middle School Building
- Students are prohibited from using during morning tea
- No device should be used at any time or in any place during advertised “Device Free Days”
Mr Ryan Collins
Head of Middle School